All applicants must complete a two-page application form. The application requires that the applicant provide a brief description of the project for which funds are being requested and verification of the applicant's Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Applications must be postmarked by June 30, 2016.
Grants will be announced by the Board of Governors in writing by August 31, 2016.
Download a PDF of the
and instructions >>
Download a Funding Request/Application in Word Document format >>
The Board of Governors consists of eight carefully selected Rock Island residents who serve three-year terms without compensation. The Board determines, at least annually, which local agencies or organizations will receive financial assistance from the Foundation.
The Foundation suports a wide variety of community projects which improve or preserve the quality of life in Rock Island, however, the Foundation does not normally fund for the following purposes:
- Organizations and causes outside of the Rock Island metropolitan area.
- Organizations and programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Sectarian or religious organizations whose services are limited to
members of any one religious group.
- Trips, tours, tickets or tables for benefit purposes.
- Advertising for benefit purposes.
- Annual operating expenses for programs.
- Commitments requiring payment from future Foundation income.